Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Energy savings of a ' fridge

On Apr 23, 8:47*pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
When we bought the new fridge (this was about a year ago), we were
told by the salesman (so take this for what it's worth ;-) ), that
fridges had recently gone through a redesign to make them much more
efficient, but lower reliability. He said manufacturers had reduced
their compressor warranty periods from 5 years to 1 year.

Ken

IMO, the warranty was reduced not because of the trade-offs of efficiency at
the expense of reliability, but just plain costs. *Some years ago,
compressors were made in the USA by people like Copeland or Tecumseh. Now
most are imported and made by the lowest bidder. *The price of a basic
refrigerator or room air conditioner has gone down in terms of real dollars
because they are made cheaper by better manufacturing processes and cheaper
materials. *Consumers don't expect appliances to last as long as they used
to either.

If he is paying 30 a month , I am paying 8$ a gallon for gasolene, it
aint so. its BS