Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ross Herbert Ross Herbert is offline

Default WR overlay designation for a fusible resistor?

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 07:49:17 +0100, "N_Cook" wrote:

:W for Wood's metal for the fusible part ?
:Googling "wood's metal" AND "fusible resistor" produces nothing

Can't say I have ever heard of Wood's Metal being used for fusible resistors in
electrical or electronic equipment. I seem to remember that a major use for
Wood's Metal was as the fusible element in thermal break-circuit fire detectors
used back in the 30's - 50's. They were superseded by much better detectors.