Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default O/T What are the real truths? What is happening right under ournose?

On Apr 23, 6:30*pm, LRod wrote:

It would be my assessment that the 8% you quoted to 10 or even 15% is
actually closer to the historical record. I can't imagine it was ever
"commonly 50% more expensive." That doesn't jibe with my memory.

Never happened. 5-10% max.

Of course even when Sunoco had pumps with about six or more selections
of grade (remember 260?) I'll bet there wasn't as much as a 50%
premium from lowest to highest grade.

I remember Sunoco 280. It was about 20% higher than 'regular leaded.'
I live in a Sunoco town. We have a refinery right here.
It might be purely a 'mind' thing, but I feel like there's always a
little more power after I get Sun Oil gasoline.
Sunoco treats their employees a little better than the others.