Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Chop saw or band saw

Don Foreman wrote:

Floor space is at a premium for me. I've been pining away for a horizontal
but worried about the space. I think the Milwaukee (linda blair model) will
soon have a place in my shop.

Floor space was and is an issue for me too. I've had my Milwaukee
nearly 10 years now and I still grin every time I use it. It seems to
work better than it would be reasonable to expect. Can't say that
about many tools!

I've cut a lot of overhead stuff down at work. Sometimes I have to use a
sawsall but If I can do it with the portaband, it is my first choice. I
*WILL* have one before this year is done. Square inches of cut vs price for
the two are not worth comparing, even if you shoot oil on the blade using
the sawzall (it helps). A Supersawsall with the 1.5" stroke is best sawsall
fo metal but it sucks for capentry, there the normal .75 stroke one rules.
Hard to cut out a stud if the blade leaves the cut.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller