Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doki Doki is offline

Default Reeds for reed beds

Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from "Tim Downie"
contains these words:

Anyone know of any Scottish suppliers of plants for a reed bed sewage
treatment system? I suspect that they may have to come from down
south but my builder is looking for a more local source. (They're
not for me btw).

There used to be a firm in Newburgh. Can't remember the name,
though...

Ah, here we are - they don't exist any mo

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2...y6962825t0.asp

Given that the Tay reedbeds are the largest in the UK, I can't see
why there would be a problem with helping uourself to some...

Reeds are harvested by cutting, not by pulling them up. I suspect if you
went tramping around the reedbeds pulling up reeds, sooner or later somebody
would have something to say about it - I'd not be surprised if the biggest
reedbeds in the country don't have umpteen conservation designations. And
won't be there much longer if they've stopped harvesting them...