Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Better Junction Boxes

On 04/23/08 02:31 am Aaron Fude wrote:

I have discovered a junction box where a wire splits into 4. What a
MESS! It's got these huge nuts to hold the wires together and
everything is twisted and barely fits. And, of course, one of the
connections is broken.

Why don't there (seem to) exist better junction boxes? I envision a
box that looks more like a small panel where you get to connect the
hot wires together by inserting them into connected individual slots
and tightening with a bolt like you do in most breaks - and same for
neutrals and ground. I think that something like that would be much
more secure and easier to work with!

If what I envision does exist, I would very much appreciate a link.

This is the kind of thing I recall from UK a few decades ago:

http://www.hager.co.uk/images/produc...sImage10_5.png

Wire nuts always struck me as a Rube Goldberg solution.

Perce