Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default squirrels in car

on 4/22/2008 10:08 AM trailer said the following:
Last night I found acorn shells in the car, above the glove box. I opened
the hood and found a lot more shells in the engine compartment.

There are lots of squirrels in the neighborhood so I'm pretty sure they are
getting in the car at night-the car is not in the driveway during the day.

Other than a shotgun, is there a good way to keep the squirrels from
invading the car??

Thanks

More likely, they are chipmunks.
Close your car windows at night to keep them out of the interior.
Not much can be done to keep them out of the engine compartment.
I've found little piles of shells on the inner fenders. Found some in
the air filter along with some chewed up air filter.
You may want to cover the air filter intake with a wire screen to keep
them from chewing up your air filter.
Not the window screen type, but heavy duty metal screen with 1/4" holes.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY