JohnMBrebner

Default remove / replace cill for french doors

I have a pair of French doors with 2 fixed side panels, the cill is completely
rotten with a small bit of rot on a couple of uprights where jointed into cill.
I was considering cutting these out and replacing in situ rather than taking
the whole frame out, but it seems a bit tricky re aligning and jointing the
cill with the frame in place. Is this the best/worst way? Is this what the
experts do? I've done a fair bit of joinery so I'm ok with the jointing etc.
Anyone with experience of this?
Any suggestions will be very gratefully received.

John