Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus22498 Ignoramus22498 is offline

Default Invitation to group members: the OpenLathe Project

On 2008-04-23, woodworker88 wrote:
I am helping to start a new project known as the OpenLathe Project, an
ongoing project to build a fully-featured metalworking lathe buildable
using the resources available to a network of home shop machinists.
We will be basing the project on the structure and principles of the
open source community, to help provide a free exchange of ideas and
sources. Ultimately, we would like to create the opportunity for a
hobbyist with modest equipment and skill to build a metalworking lathe
from scratch.

To support the efforts of the project, we have created a Yahoo group,
OpenLathe, at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OpenLathe/

I encourage all interested group members to actively join and
contribute. We are seeking positive contributions to the metalworking
community.
Please join the group and have fun!

This is a great idea. I will subscribe just out of curiosity. I don't
think that making such things from scratch is economical, but it is a
great idea that's worth supporting.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/