Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default WR overlay designation for a fusible resistor?

"N_Cook" wrote in message
W for Wood's metal for the fusible part ?
Googling "wood's metal" AND "fusible resistor" produces nothing

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Who can tell ? Why "Q" for a transistor ? Why "U" for an IC ? Why "VDD" ?
Why "VSS" ? I bet if you think for a while, there's loads of these that
don't 'appear' to make any sense, but must have to the o.e.d. I don't think
that there is anything particularly special about fusible resistors in terms
of the materials used to make the resistive element. As far as I know, they
are still carbon or metal film, with a completely non-flammable coating. I
think it is probably the internal connections that are 'necked' or something
to make them deliberately vulnerable to excess current, or heat in the
substrate, generated by excess dissipation.

Arfa