Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Martindale Dave Martindale is offline

Default Energy savings of a ' fridge

Richard J Kinch writes:

So you claim to make ice without a sensible heat gain (which burdens
the A/C) and corresponding latent heat loss (which does not)?

Freezing water does release heat which needs to be transported outside.
But how much ice do you make? How many BTUs per month is that, compared
to the heat leakage through the refrigerator walls?

Our refrigerator has ice cube trays, not an automatic ice maker, so I'm
aware of exactly how often it's freezing water. It ends up being less
than one cube tray per month. I can't believe that's a significant
fraction of the heat load for an entire month.

Dave