Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard J Kinch Richard J Kinch is offline

Default Adjusting a Millers Falls micrometer

I have an old Millers Falls micrometer that somehow is out of calibration
by about a half a thou. How do you adjust these? I've adjusted other
types where you grab the sleeve (Starrett) or the end of the thimble
(Polish import) with a little spanner wrench, but I can't find any such
mechanism on this Millers Falls item. It's been trustworthy for many
decades (from former owners and lately me), made in the USA, and
wonderfully dinged up and cosmetically worn, so I have an attachment to it.