Posted to alt.home.repair
Terry Terry is offline

Default Wiring Electrical Outlets With 3-way switch

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 16:07:59 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I am putting lights in my basement and would like a wiring diagram
that shows how to connect six electrical outlets that stretch from one
end of the basement to the other, with a three-way switch on either
end of the circuit. The power comes in to the circuit in the middle
of the run. It seems like a simple thing but I keep tripping the
breaker.

Bring the power in to one of the switches or the other. Take 12/3/G
to the other switch then take 12/2/G to each light.

You would need a 12/5/G to do it like you are trying to do.

Do they make 12/5?