Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Amplifier Problem - Revised Schematic

In article , EADGBE wrote:

I have just discovered that the voltage measured directly at the
emitter leg of Q208 is a NEGATIVE voltage that fluctuates anywhere
from -300mV to -16mV.

Thats no good. It seemed most was OK, and I imagined you have no scope.
I was going to suggest injecting a signal at the bases of the imput stage. Holding
a metal probe with your hand should give equal sounds from left and right on corresponding
points of each amp.

You are going to have to check the Q208 more thoroughly.

greg