Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
bz bz is offline

Default Amplifier Problem - Revised Schematic

bz wrote in
98.139:

Since the OTHER voltages around Q204 are correct, the collector of Q204
should be LOWER than the 11.9 rail by half a volt or so.
It should thus be 11.4 on Q204 collector and Q205 base.

If it isn't, then Q204 is probably bad, open on the base/collector
junction.

OR, the Q204 collector is not connected to to the 12 k resistor and the
base of Q205.

You said you replaced Q204. You could have a bad transistor(new parts can
be bad), a part soldered poorly, or a transistor soldered in wrong.
Check for broken traces and make sure that the orientation is correct on
Q204's replacement.

--
bz 73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.