Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Can you wire 2 motions together?

wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 19:18:13 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I would like to connect 2 motion sensor lights (Hampton Bay 248-617)
together so tripping either motion will set both lights off at the
same time. Is this possible?

Lights have white, black, and red wires. Instructions only show how
to wire as separate independent units, or one as a slave and the other
a master (only using one motion sensor). I want both motions to work
and both lights to light.

Any electricians out there?

I know the Heath Zenith units work fine with the 2 reds connected

together. (logical OR)

The description makes it sound like this is two independently controlled
lights, each with it's own motion detector. For this to work, the lights
would have to be tied together and be on the same circuit