Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheri Cheri is offline

Default My neighbor was scammed by driveway spraying scammers

Norminn wrote in message ...

It is surprising that with all of the publicity in Florida about home
repair scams so many people still fall for them.
I would never deal with a contractor either from advertisement or,
especially, cold call. Waterproofing and windows.
The phone rings every day. )

They had the same thing going on here in CA with the driveways a
couple of months ago, a lot of older people got taken in by the
scammers doing lousy jobs, demanding more money etc. I'm glad to say I
wasn't one of them. I will say that the front man for the operation
was a personable young man telling me that he will be doing all kinds
of work in my neighborhood, repairing driveways, patios, blah blah
blah. I ran him off with my cranky old woman voice. LOL I saw in the
paper the other day that he was finally arrested in Indiana. :-)

Cheri