Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
JohnC JohnC is offline

Default Looking for Power Switch - Optonica Amplifier SM-1515B

I appreciate the comments and suggestions.

The switch that needs replacement is actually fine electronically. In fact
it is always on. The problem is with the snap action mechanism. The switch
lever took a blow to the side and broke some key plastic rocker parts that
allow the snap action to function. Any SPST switch rated at 120V, 1 amp?
will work but my preference is to maintain the cosmetics. Switch should be
OFF in the down position and ON in the horizontal. I thought this flat lever
switch was fairly common but perhaps I was mistaken.

I viewed some of the recommended sites but came up negative.

John C.

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"JohnC" wrote in message

Can someone recommend a source for a replacement power
switch?
It is a toggle type snap switch for an Optonica SM-1515B
stereo amp. Hole spacing is 1-3/8 inch. 120V.

Looks to me like a fairly generic paddle switch.

Pictu
http://home.everestkc.net/upperquad/...pSwitch002.jpg

It was probably marketed under the brand name "Panasonic". It may be a
stock design.

If you're looking for an exact replacement, here are some places to look:

(1) Authorized parts sellers for the brand of equipment you are trying to
repair.

(2) Distributors for the brand of part, in this case Panasonic.

If you're looking for an near replacement, here are some places to look:

(1) Electronic parts catalogs for places like Newark, Digi-Key, and
Mouser.

(2) Surplus and remainering houses like Jameco, All Electronics and Parts
Express.

You are looking for a part with the same number or more contacts, with
contacts rated at the same or more amps and volts, and one that is the
same size or smaller. Mounting centers should match or be smaller.

Your replacement strategy may include fabricating a sheet metal bracket
that bridges any possible gaps.