Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger_N[_2_] Roger_N[_2_] is offline

Default OT- Mandatory Overtime

"Rob Fraser" FraserRacing"AT"RobFraser.Net wrote in message
. ..

SNIP

Roger,
If you get bored, take a look at the job boards I mentioned. There is an
assortment of ones that require PLC experience, electrical in the
commercial entity 3 phase, logic controllers etc. I know moving is always
a last resort (I had to do it to stay afloat a while back) but Chicago
land is still semi-alive in that market. It seems to be a lack of
qualified people to fill the jobs. CNC, milling, machine ops and maint.
are daily updated. I know my comments are not comfortable to hear but I'd
throw anyone a lifesaver if they were in your shoes. I feel for you sir.

Respects,

Rob

Thank's Rob, I appreciate it. If I end up unemployed, I'll look out of the
area but so far it's been difficult to find anything worth taking. I have
Child Support that is based on 32% of my income. That means that if I have
to move, all the extra expense of being employed out of the area has to come
from my 68% of the income. And the last huge increase my ex got in CS went
toward buying herself a sport car while my children have to go out and work
after school so they can pay their own way. Anyway I'll have to cross that
bridge when/if I get there. I asked my boss today and he said he got in
touch with the maintenance manager and I was supposed to be cleared to not
have to come in last weekend on scheduled overtime. But the boss's maybe
saying it's OK while the person recording points is getting info that I
wasn't there, not sure that the left hand knows what the right hand does in
a big company like that (~2000 employees at our location).

If I do have to move I'll probably look toward Kentucky. Here in Illinois
(Ill annoy) I can't even order an air rifle without having it shipped to a
gun dealer. I'm sick of IL's laws that are made for Chicago area, I live in
the part of IL where there are fields North, South, East, and West of my
house. Within a 2 hour drive I could be in either Paducah or St Louis. If
I could find a job that paid living or relocation expenses separately, like
per deim, then CS should only come out of actual take home pay.

Thanks again!
Roger N