Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] man@privacy.net[_2_] is offline

Default Vexing plumbing problem

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 19:21:30 -0700 (PDT), in alt.home.repair you wrote:

:I'm concerned that the copper and galvanized pipe are in the same
:system. If these two metals are in direct contact, they set up
:galvanic corrosion which is supposed to lead to failure of the
:galvanized pipe. At least, that's how I recall the situation. They
:make special fittings to isolate the two metals, just for this reason.
:
:I have no idea if that is related to your problem, though.

That copper water service was put in by professional licensed plumbers
(a large local company) a little over a year ago. I'm 99+% positive they
have the correct coupling of copper to galvanized.

Dan