Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger_N[_2_] Roger_N[_2_] is offline

Default OT- Mandatory Overtime

"Rob Fraser" FraserRacing"AT"RobFraser.Net wrote in message
. ..

Roger, I'm in IL. too, (At will employer) Take a look at Craigslist and
Oodle for the job boards. There is a lot there. Cat is hiring like mad but
the starting wage is horrid but I have friends who were out of work in
construction and they are quite happy there despite the pay. That is just
an example.... That points system sounds rather Burger King to me so if
they treat you like crap let them kiss your ass. If they deny you time
off for medical I'd think a lawyer might be interested or of value. I
really hope things pan out for you.. Also if you do not mind me asking,
what city or county are you in?

Respects,

Rob

I'm in Du Quoin, about 20 miles North of Carbondale. Once there were a lot
of coal mines around but that slowed to a trickle because of high sulfur
coal. There are a few factories that shut down within the last couple of
years. There's not a lot of jobs around here for maintenance electricians,
PLC programmers, or much of anything else I have experience in, but I keep
an eye on the want ads. Some of our electricians went to Ameren for around
a $10/hr raise! It just seems a bit odd to me to be able to get fired for
not showing up for work when you're working a day or two per week beyond
full time.

Roger N