Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Chop saw or band saw

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 16:53:38 -0400, Wes wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:

Not for 2" (or more) solid bar. The Milwaukee bandsaw goes thru that
much faster than a chop saw, and even than some horizontal bandsaws.
The difference there may have been in the blades, but I run a good
bimetal blade in my vertical bandsaw and it still doesn't cut round
barstock nearly as fast as the Milwaukee.

Floor space is at a premium for me. I've been pining away for a horizontal
but worried about the space. I think the Milwaukee (linda blair model) will
soon have a place in my shop.

Floor space was and is an issue for me too. I've had my Milwaukee
nearly 10 years now and I still grin every time I use it. It seems to
work better than it would be reasonable to expect. Can't say that
about many tools!