Posted to rec.woodworking
alexy alexy is offline

Default compressor tank failure mode

"Lee K" wrote:

My compressor, a dual tank Emglo, was purchased in 1987. About 8 years ago
it developed leakage around the bottom supports (the rails that hold it off
the ground). A friend tried to repair it using a MIG welder, to no avail.
Then I posted the problem to some newsgroup or another and someone posted
his fix: use epoxy. I did so and am still using that compressor (though I
think I'm beginning to hear another leakage hiss).

Thanks, Lee. The important part for me is that it was a "leaking
hiss", not a catastrophic failure. My carry tank is cheap enough that
I will just replace rather than try to fix it when the time comes. But
I am cheap enough not to want to replace it just because of some date
stamp, as long as I am not creating a safety hazard.