Posted to rec.woodworking
BoyntonStu BoyntonStu is offline

Default A walk-along circular saw plywood ripper.

On Apr 19, 8:01 pm, "The Davenport's" wrote:
As an aside, if either of us got hurt for any reason while we were
cutting our plywood, which one of us would have to lie to collect the
insurance?

Neither, but I am willing to bet that keeping feet and hands further
away from from the blade is safer than up close.

You would lose that bet...the closer you are TO a "thing"(saw, drill,
whatever) the more control you have WITH said thing.

Safer, not necessarily more control.

(We can argue control next.)

If the saw is in your hand and for some reason it jumps off the board,
it would be then closer to your body than if held by a handle 4 feet
away and unable to reach you (before the blade guard is in place).

If the blade can't reach you, it cannot cut you.