Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT- Mandatory Overtime

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Wes
wrote on Sun, 20 Apr 2008 18:59:18 -0400 in
rec.crafts.metalworking :

We needed to build a bank to move a line to another supplier. The company
put the machine operators and assembly line on rotating 12 hrs schedules to
minimize overtime. The company planned to do the same thing with the
maintenance staff but our number of techs just didn't work out so we worked
a non standard week so that one of us, on every shift, would be in every day
w/o paying overtime. Outside of screwed up weekends, I didn't really mind
it since we didn't get forced to work ot or be on call over the weekend.

A half hour into the group interview for a job like that (12 hour
days on an varying schedule for two weeks, then 12 hour nights doing
the same) and I said "I've only been here 30 minutes, I haven't gotten
the job yet, and already I have a bad attitude about going to work."
I didn't stay for the rest of the meeting.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
"I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed