Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Melting Dental Gold

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Frank J Warner
wrote on Sun, 20 Apr 2008 16:44:27
-0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

The color will be slightly off. This knife uses pre-ban elephant ivory
for the scales, and I'm using gold-plated screws to hold it all
together. The thumb stud will be halfway between the color of the blade
and the color of the screws.

Cool. At least it sounds cool looking.

You may want to explain how it is that the "gold" bridgework
melted down into a less 'gold' color.

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
"I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed