Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Cap Andy Cap is offline

Default Tree pruning

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 20:09:52 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Andy Cap" wrote in message
.. .

We have been privileged to enjoy possible the longest period of peace
in history.

No.

Nobody is fighting us here but our troops have been involved in war after
(illegal invasion) after war when there was no threat to us.

You're in the armed forces of course so you know, I only have a serving son

Trust a woman to personalise the argument !

I do believe that servicemen should sign up separately for international
conflicts i.e. be a member of a UN force, rather than at the behest of the
British governement for foreign forays. However presently, if you sign the forms
you accept the liablity.

Having said that, like so much of modern advertising, I do accept that advert
that concentrate on a career and travel, should be banned.

It's also true that the British people in general have been extremely fortunate
to have live during the few preceding decades.