Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Going back to candlelight

Paul M. Eldridge wrote:

Well, as Betty Furness liked to tell us "you can be SURE if it's
Westinghouse".... ;-)

We, of course, referred to them as "circle-W". They were a competitor
when in the previous life noted...but, not the primary one for our
niche--C-E was the more direct foe in almost every instance when it got
down to the final selection.

But, one has to make a living and as I had gone the consulting route,
when nuclear work started getting scarce it was simpler to migrate to
support the fossil utilities instead of continuing to fight harder for
piece of the dwindling pie.

I'm beyond the point now where I'll actively seek work again (and I so
far I've been able to raise the ante high enough to discourage those who
still call and yet restrain myself ) so the renaissance, if there is
one, will have to be picked up by the young'uns...

Unlike virtually all my previous cohorts who are still working, I'm
_NOT_ going to India or China!!!