Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] kellyjones1@gmail.com is offline

Default Flared fittings on type L tubing?

On Apr 20, 12:33 pm, wrote:

Am I doing something wrong? Can type L be flared? Does it need to be
annealed somehow first? Do I need a better tool (the one I have is a
fairly cheap tool)? Or should I solder on a short piece of soft tube
andflarethat?

Answering my own question here... First, correction, it is 3/8" OD,
not 1/2... Also, I picked up a better-quality, "heavy-duty" tool at
Home Despot, and this tool seems to do a great job. The older tool
was cheap, chinese quality, and tough it worked fine on soft copper,
not at all on type L.

Kelly