Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default what the heck is this base for

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 11:31:05 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Jim
Levie quickly quoth:

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 22:10:34 -0700, "William Noble"
wrote:

here is a link to the drop box
http://www.metalworking.com/Dropbox/mystey_base.JPG

this looks just familar enough that I know I ought to recognize it, but I've
been pondering it for several months and I still don't know - I'm sure that
a bunch of you folks will immediately recognize it. (note there is a .txt
file also, with dimensions - the key dimension is that it holds a 1 3/4 inch
shaft/rod/tube/whatever)

It reminds me of a desk lamp mount.

Sure enough, and probably from the Art Deco era at that.

--
The only difference between a rut and a grave...is in their dimensions.
-- Ellen Glasglow