Posted to uk.d-i-y
Greg Greg is offline

Default Dishwasher not washing

Checked that and all in order. Also made sure that the holes in the arm were
not blocked.

Thanks

"John" wrote in message

"Greg" wrote in message
Hi

Seem to have a bit of a problem with the top shelf of the dishwasher
which means that the dishes placed there do not get washed and the ones
below are only clean-ish. When I turn it on and open the door to see
what's happening it looks like I get a little burst of water from the top
outlet and then nothing else there, even if the bottom arm is turning and
spurting water(although I have not discounted the fact that there is
possibly a valve that alternates water between the top and bottom arms).

Anyone any ideas on the issue and whether it is worth fixing, or should I
bite the bullet and get a new machine given the cost to repair it?

Thanks!

Mine (Hoover) has a selector witch for bottom only. Some have arms that
can be reversed so that the top arm fires downwards. Have you checked
this?