Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default Tree pruning

Andy Cap wrote:

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 17:31:37 +0100, Bruce wrote:

In fact it would be better to try to find common ground based on
shared objectives, by communicating with them.

Of course, I agreed with you, I made that perfectly clear, but if they refuse ?

The point I was making is that sometimes you can not come to an agreement.
You then resort to law. If the other party isn't law abiding, then you must turn
to brute force.

"Brute force" seems to occupy your mind more than perhaps it should.

There is another alternative, which is to weigh up whether the stress
of an adversarial relationship with your neighbour makes resorting to
law worthwhile. Then just forget about it.

As in the case of Mugabe for example, do you just wait for him to die? Meanwhile
millions of people are condemned to have utterly miserable lives.

I am not going to fight Mugabe, and (I suspect) neither are you.

Some things ARE worth fighting for.

Some people just enjoy fighting. Others resort to it because they are
not intelligent enough to find an alternative.

For whatever reason, the threshold where "brute force" starts to be
used seems to get lower and lower with each passing year.