Posted to alt.home.repair
patrick mitchel patrick mitchel is offline

Default Briggs & Stratton Engine Problem

Here's a wild thought; I read that it's a leaf blower. Is there a belt
drive in it? Was thinking of a way to power the engine using a drive to spin
the motor - with the plug out and grounded. Long enough to see if the coil
overheats and breaks down and loses spark. That would at least remove one of
the variables. Having gone through a series of question with a 8 hp briggs L
head (finally found an intermittent intake valve) that caused me some
pondering before I was able to put the thing back in service shredding the
freakin ivy wall on the north side of the property. Pat