Posted to rec.woodworking
cm cm is offline

Default sharpening center advise

I have been pleased with my Tormek system. Sharp edges were hit and miss for
me prior to the Tormek. I'll be ordering the jointer planer jig soon. I also
sharpen all our kitchen knives and scissors with ease. The first time I
washed dishes after sharpening our kitchen knives I brushed against a knife
edge and cut myself! I had never had a knife so sharp.

I am a handyman by trade and the cost of a Tormek was a huge investment for
me. I talked to the manager at my local Woodcraft store and he said he would
refund my money if I was not satisfied. That was 6 years ago and I still
have it.

cm

wrote in message
Greetings! I am looking at getting a sharpening set up as dull tools are
way too plentiful here. I have compared water / oil stone sets and am now
wondering about sharpening centers (ie: motor driven )
My question for you is what systems seem too work well? I have heard good
things about the worksharp3000, but am also interested in delta's 23-710
unit.
I appreciate any input!
Thanks.