Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Surprising increase in truck MPG

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 00:58:00 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Don
Foreman quickly quoth:

The Army's arctic test lab was on the Keweenaw back in the '60s,
don't know if that's still true. Oooh, Toivo, dey get a LOT of snow!
I recall mornings in Hancock when the only evidence I could find re
the location of my VW was the radio aerial sticking above the snow.

Was that the international orange foam ball with the smiley face on
your 102" CB radio whip, Don? Waaaay too cold for me.

We had uncharacteristically cold weather yesterday. BB sized hail for
an hour in 40F weather, now 28F with snow predicted. Nothing stuck for
more than an hour yesterday. I much prefer my snow 'n ice like that.

On a recent visit to the U.P. I found that folks there don't
ordinarily speak Yooper as they once did. I asked a friendly young
college-age woman in a coffee shop in Marquette about that. She
laughed and gave me an earfull of Yooper. Made my day!

That's always fun, especially if they're -pretty- young nubiles.

--
The only difference between a rut and a grave...is in their dimensions.
-- Ellen Glasglow