Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default Tree pruning

"newshound" wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .
4square wrote:

I have a 40 foot row of dreaded conifers across end of garden, just
on the neighbours garden. Now about 30 feet tall, and overhanging my
side by about 6 feet in places. I have not yet approached them, but
feel they will refuse to trim them, do not appear to be gardening
types. If I cut them back my side only, am I within the law to pass
the cuttings back onto their land?

If you really want to stir up trouble, that's certainly a good way of
doing it, whether it is legal or not. It's no wonder that disputes
between neighbours are such a big problem in Britain.

If you were joking, I apologise.

Sure, there are better ways to start but the poster would be within his
rights to trim to the boundary, and *must* pass the cuttings back (otherwise
it could be construed as theft).

Wars start because people are prepared to ignore all logic in pursuit
of what they believe to be their "rights".

That applies to whole countries, groups of people (large and small)
and individuals. And especially to neighbours.

Assert your "rights" and you make enemies. In the end, everyone loses.