Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Crosland Peter Crosland is offline

Default Tree pruning

4square wrote:
I have a 40 foot row of dreaded conifers across end of garden, just
on the neighbours garden. Now about 30 feet tall, and overhanging my
side by about 6 feet in places. I have not yet approached them, but
feel they will refuse to trim them, do not appear to be gardening
types. If I cut them back my side only, am I within the law to pass
the cuttings back onto their land?

Take a look here. You should be able to get the them taken down at the
expense of the owner. Note that you have to try and get them to do it
voluntarily first.

http://freespace.virgin.net/clare.h/hdg1Curr.htm

http://www.communities.gov.uk/planni...es/highhedges/

Peter Crosland