JP

Default Band saws: General 270 or Mini Max MM16

I have started looking at band saws to replace my Jet 14". Here in
Canada the MM16 would have to be imported, and although the cnd $$ is
stronger it still will cost north of 3000$$ cnd. An alternative I
have looked at is the General Intl 18" 90-270 (3 hp). Does any one
have the General, or has any one compared it to the MM16. How would
you rate/compare each one versus the other. What are the major
differences. The General can be had for about 2000$$ cnd. Is the
difference 'in your opinion' worth the extra 1000$$ cnd for the MM16.

Thanks
Jim