Leon

Default Questions on weight-closed fencegate

IIRC the Norm version involved a separate post set out from the gate. A
rope runs from the gate to the post through a pulley and tied to a brick.
The brick travels up and down the side of the post as the gate is opened and
closed. You do have to contend with the post and the rope that runs out
from the gate and fence a couple of feet.

"Dan" wrote in message
I'm having trouble doing some research on a weight-operated gate closing
system. It's either because I don't know the right keywords or there just
isn't much stuff out there.

I just put up a short section of cedar fence, about 44 inches high, with
a gate, so the dogs won't run into the neighbor's yard every time

something
moves. The gate is about 39 inches and I want to try using a weight on a
cable to close it instead of a spring. Just to be different, I guess, but
if it works it wouldn't slam the gate shut like a spring would. I saw
something like it on Norm's show some time back. Does anyone know of any
gates that use a weight on a chain or cable to pull it shut? I'm still
going to give it a try but maybe I can save myself a little
experimentation.

Thanks,
Dan