Charlie Self

Default Is there a machine to paint trim/baseboard ?

UA100 responds:

Yes. Essentially it's like you've envisioned it with
rollers to pull the trim through and paint sprayers that are
activated when a switch is tripped. I'd try a search of
WoodWeb.

http://www.woodweb.com/

http://www.awfi.org/home.asp

Nuts. AOL is one of its idiot modes this morning, so consistently looks for
totally unrelated site numbers and then says none such are available.

I was curious.

I am also assuming (whoops!) that this is done with the molding before it is
installed. What is wrong with a plain old fashioned medium length roller?

I mean, this is PAINT, right? Not shellac or lacquer. Roll it on, wait a bit
and flip the molding and do the back. Do the pieces on a couple sawhorses with
whatever board support is needed, take a coffee break and flip.

Come back and fill and touch up nail holes after the install.

Charlie Self

"If our democracy is to flourish, it must have criticism; if our government is
to function it must have dissent."
Henry Commager