Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where to buy electrical supplies

"George" wrote in message
Pete C. wrote:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
wrote in message

locally the electrical supply stores are closing, contractors largely
buy at home depot

Probably in CT, not here in north Texas. We still have a lot of industry
here and Depot / Lowe's doesn't carry the type of supplies needed for
most industrial work.

Not in PA either. A contractor isn't going to go to the big box store to
get part of what they need and then go to the real supply house to get the
rest.

Actually I do shop around for the best prices. I am always comparing prices
when I go to the box stores with the supply companies. At the supply house
the price of copper wire changes daily. Home Depot's price on Romex doesn't
fluctuate that often. Consequently depending on the pricing cycle, I can
sometimes get Romex cheaper at Home Depot than at my regular supply
companies.