Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Maple roots and water meters

On Apr 19, 9:54*am, Kurt Ullman wrote:
* I seem to have a maple whose roots are getting close to the water
meter. Because of the clay in the area and possibly the fact the I use a
sprinkler system. the roots are on the top of the ground.
* * Should I be worried about the roots messing up the meter or the
pipes to the meter or from there to the house? If so, what should I do
to stop there march?

No I would not worry, its not your watering or soil but many maple
varieties have roots near the surface that kill grass if stressed from
shade, and strangle any plant life, keeping it from maturing fully.
Many maples compete heavily for near surface water.