Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rawlplug Uno Plugs

John wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...
FYI

Been using these for a few weeks now with great success.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/89492/...5mm-Pack-of-96

Blurb says;
"Universal plug for fixing into any wall, ceiling or floor. For use
in concrete, stone, plasterboard, brick and blockwork. Unique design
with expansion throughout the length of the plug. Expands at the top
giving instant grip. Anti-rotation features prevent spinning in the
hole". They do just what they say they do. I've found them excellent for
block, dot & dab, plasterboard or solid walls.

They are going to be my standard plug as soon as I've used up
existing stock.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Do you find that the effectiveness of the plug is related to the type
of screw used. The old type of wood screws being better as the root
of the thread is tapered and this forces open the plug. Modern screws
tend to cut a thread into the plug and they don't force them open as
effectively.

I use Twinfast screws from SF. I find they work really well in plugs.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk