Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rawlplug Uno Plugs

Rod wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
FYI

Been using these for a few weeks now with great success.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/89492/...5mm-Pack-of-96

Blurb says;
"Universal plug for fixing into any wall, ceiling or floor. For use
in concrete, stone, plasterboard, brick and blockwork. Unique design
with expansion throughout the length of the plug. Expands at the top
giving instant grip. Anti-rotation features prevent spinning in the
hole".

They do just what they say they do. I've found them excellent for
block, dot & dab, plasterboard or solid walls.

They are going to be my standard plug as soon as I've used up
existing stock.

Just saw these alongside red Fischer equivalents. (What? Fischer plugs
that are not grey!!!) Only a few pence difference (100 Fischer plugs
vs 96 Rawl) - around £2 each. Given such similarity, would you still
choose Rawl over Fischer?

Which Fischer ones are you talking about? Link?

I like the Rawl ones because thay have a lip that stops the plug going
into the hole.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk