Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Quality of garage door fitting?

On 2008-04-19 08:29:45 +0100, "ARWadworth"
said:

"Andy Wade" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:

I've 'avoided' Part P on quite a few occassions when fitting new
security lights. I've done so by clearly saying that I can't run a
new circuit to the light, but I could run a cable & terminate it with
a 13 amp plug (suitably fused), which can be plugged into a nearby
switched socket outlet.

This does not get round Part P. The Approved Document is quite clear
on the point - see note (h) on page 9.

But note (i) just below it says you can.

Either way it seems that the garage doors are notifiable.

Adam

Either way, hooking up what is intended to be a permanently installed
electrical system with an extension lead is not a workmanlike solution.