Posted to misc.consumers.house
Travis Hayes[_2_] Travis Hayes[_2_] is offline

Default Thanks everyone

wrote in message
Thanks so much for all the advice, Thomas, Keith, and Stan, and if
I've left anyone out, I deeply apologize. Just wanted to tell you all
what we've decided. As everyone said, we've decided to pass on this
house. If someday they come back with a better price, maybe we'll
consider this house again. We were sort of leaning toward walking away
anyway; your kind, thoughtful and wise advice confirmed what we were
already thinking, and gave us confidence to move on.

....snip. Good for you! Trust your gut. There is another deal out there;
never get so worried about one slipping by that you go against your common
sense.

To answer Thomas' earlier question as to who Pulte has a good rep with,
they've won the J.D. Power Home Builders' survey for 6 - 7 years
running. Also, the second buyer's agent once told us that during the
last recession, every builder skimped on materials. We wonder if it's
happening again.

Take any award from J.D. Power with a grain of salt. The way they fund
their "research" is by licensing their logos to the proud, winning
companies. If the results of their surveys are unfavorable, the companies
are unlikely to pony up. Very biased.