Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Surprising increase in truck MPG

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 22:31:12 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
"T.Alan Kraus" quickly quoth:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Man, what are you _flying_? Or are you driving an Abrahms?

No just a '64 Spitfire, the one with four wheels.

Condolences. I'm sure we'd all prefer the one with three wheels,
though it gets _considerably_ worse gas mileage. I hear it's illegal
to spew lead all over, as they're capable of, too.

Consumes 1.2 gal/hour
at whatever speed I choose to drive. Obviously the faster I drive the
less time it takes, the less gas I use.

So at 90mph, you get 75mpg? Excellent!

--
The only difference between a rut and a grave...is in their dimensions.
-- Ellen Glasglow