Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Rawlplug Uno Plugs

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
FYI

Been using these for a few weeks now with great success.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/89492/...5mm-Pack-of-96

Blurb says;
"Universal plug for fixing into any wall, ceiling or floor. For use in
concrete, stone, plasterboard, brick and blockwork. Unique design with
expansion throughout the length of the plug. Expands at the top giving
instant grip. Anti-rotation features prevent spinning in the hole".

They do just what they say they do. I've found them excellent for block,
dot & dab, plasterboard or solid walls.

They are going to be my standard plug as soon as I've used up existing
stock.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Do you find that the effectiveness of the plug is related to the type of
screw used. The old type of wood screws being better as the root of the
thread is tapered and this forces open the plug. Modern screws tend to cut a
thread into the plug and they don't force them open as effectively.