Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Solar Powered Roof Vent

Lou Leciejewski wrote in
. 102:

Anyone here have any comments regarding Solar Roof Vents? I am looking
to install a Solar Powered Roof Vent made by GAF. Also, as a
comparison, I am looking at the Wind Powered Turbine Vent by GAF.
Anyone have a Solar Powered roof vent? I wonder how long the motors
last ... I presume they do not run constantly. Any comments would be
most welcome.

Thanks in advance!
Lou

I glanced at one. If I recall, they do not include the expensive solar
cells. If that's the case it's gonna take a long time to recoup the cost.
Have to be a hardcore granola head to go for it.