Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where to buy electrical supplies

"HeyBub" wrote in message

I would think that Romex, junction boxes, outlets, conduit, connectors,
etc. are commodity items - interchangable.

Light fixtures, I dunno. Probably you'd find better quality and greater
selection at a lightinng store.

Those "commodity" items can be had at a better quality at the electrical
outlet though. You can buy switches and outlets for 99¢ at Wal mart, but
they don't hold up as well as the $3 commercial grade units.

I've not done any comparisons for electrical supplies, but a circulator pump
from the plumbing supply store was $45, while at HD and Lowes it was $60.
While cheaper, the supply store has a 15% re-stocking charge if I buy the
wrong item and they close at 1 PM on Saturday, the big box stores refund
your money and are open late 7 days a week. Depends on your needs.